新概念英语第一册第113-114课:small change
Lesson 113 Small change零钱
Listen to the tape then answer this question. Who has got some change?听录音,然后回答问题。谁有零钱? Conductor: Fares please!
售票员: 请买票!
Man: Trafalgar Square please.
男 子: 请买一张到特拉法加广场的票。
Conductor: I’m sorry, sir. I can’t change a pound note. Haven’t you got any small change?
售票员: 对不起,我找不开10英镑的钞票。您没有零钱吗?
Man: I’ve got no small change, I’m afraid.
男 子: 恐怕我没有零钱。
Conductor: I’ll ask some of the passengers.
售票员: 我来问问其他乘客。
Conductor: Have you any small change, sir?
售票员: 先生,您有零钱吗?
1st Passenger: I’m sorry. I’ve got none.
乘 客1: 对不起,我没有。
2ndPassenger: I haven’t got any either.
乘 客2: 我也没有。
Conductor: Can you change this pound note, madam?
售票员: 夫人,您能把这10英镑的钞票换开吗?
3rd Passenger: I’m afraid I can’t.
乘 客3: 恐怕不能。
4th Passenger: Neither can I.
乘 客4: 我也不能。
Conductor: I’m very sorry, sir. You must get off the bus.
None of our passengers can change this note. They’re all millionaires!
售票员: 非常抱歉,先生。您必须下车。
我们的乘客中没人能换开这张钞票。他们都是百万富翁!
Two Tramps: Except us, conductor.
二流浪汉:我们俩除外。
1st Tramp: I’ve got some small change.
流浪汉1: 我有零钱。
2nd Tramp: So have I.
流浪汉2: 我也有。
New words and Expressions生词和短语
conductor
n. 售票员
fare
n. 车费, 车票
change
v. 兑换(钱)
note
n. 纸币
passenger
n. 乘客
none
pron.没有任何东西
neither
adv. 也不
get off
下车
tramp
n. 游浪汉
except
prep.除……外
Notes on the text课文注释
1 Fares, please!请买票!这是公共车辆售票员用语。
2 Trafalgar Square,特拉法加广场,位于伦敦市区。
3 I've got no small change,我没有一点零钱。no+名词表示所指的东西全然没有,以上这句话比“I haven't got any small change.”更强调没有任何一点零钱。
4 I've got none.这里是指零钱(不可数名词)。none也可与可数名词连用,如none of our passengers can change this note.
5 Neither can I.
当有人说了一句否定意义的话,其否定的内容也适于你或另外的人或事物时,可以采用这种简略的句式。注意这种简略句式中主语和动词(包括be)的顺序。
6 get off the bus 下车
7 So have I.
当有人说了一句肯定意义的话,其肯定的内容也适于你或另外的人或事物时,可以采用这种简略的句式。注意这种简略句式中主语和动词(包括be)的顺序。
Lesson 114 l've got none.我没有。
Lesson 113-114 自学导读 First things first
课文详注 Further notes on the text1.I can't change a ten-pound note. 我找不开 10英镑的钞票。
这里 change是动词,意为“兑换”。change还可作名词,意为“零钱”,如课文中的 I've got no small change, I'm afraid。此外,no +名词表示所指的东西全然没有。以上这句话比 I haven't got any small change更强调没有任何一点儿零钱。
2.I've got none.我没有。
这里指零钱(不可数名词)。none也可与可数名词连用,如:
None of our passengers can change this note.
我们的乘客中没有一个能破开这张钞票的。
none在句中通常单独使用,如:
There’s no beer in the refrigerator.
冰箱里没有啤酒。
There’s none.
没有什么东西。
I bought no magazines.
我没买什么杂志。
I bought none.
我没买什么东西。
3.Except us.我们俩除外。
意思是:除了我们,他们都是百万富翁。
语法 Grammar in use
so与neither引导的简短回答
以so 或 neither开头的简短回答,必须用倒装形式,即: So/Neither +助动词+主语。假如前一句是肯定的,后一句就用so开头;如前一句是否定的,后一句则用neither/nor开头。前后两句的时态要一致。
(1) 以so开头的句子:
I’m hungry。
我饿了。
So am I.
我也一样。
I want some coffee
我想要些咖啡。
So do I。
我也一样。
I was at the party last night.
我昨晚参加聚会了
So was I.
我也一样。
I can swim. very well.
我游泳游得好。
So can I.
我也如此。
I saw George last night.
我昨晚看见乔治了。
So did I.
我也一样。
I’ve got a cold.
我感冒了。
So have I.
我也一样。
(2) 以neither开头的句子:
I’m not tired.
我不累。
Neither am I.
我也一样。
I don’t want any tea.
我不想要任何茶。
Neither do I.
我也一样。
I wasn’t tired this morning.
我今天不累。
Neither was I.
我也如此。
I didn’t buy a new car last year.
我去年没买新车。
Neither did I.
我也如此。
I haven’t got a headache.
我没头疼。
Neither have I.
我也一样。
词汇学习 Word study
1.change v.
(1)兑换:
I want to change the pounds into dollars.
我想把这些英镑兑换成美元。
Could you change me a one-pound note, please?
能否请你换一镑的零钱给我?
(2)改变;更改:
He changed his mind at last.
他最终改变了自己的主意。
This plan is to change the desert into farmland.
这个计划是要将沙漠变为农田。
(3)交换;改换:
Shall we change our seats?
我们调换一下座位好吗?
You've got to change your bus at the next stop.
你得在下一站换车。
2.except prep.
除……外:
Everyone except Jane went to the party.
除简之外的所有人都去参加那个派对了。
They're open every day except Sunday.
除星期天之外,他们每天都开门。
I like him except when he's gloomy.
除了他满脸阴沉的时候之外,我挺喜欢他。